Thursday, June 24, 2010

Rotten Apples

There's a lot of buzz going around the interwebz saying that a glitch in the design of the new iPhone's antenna is actually causing signal loss when a person holds the phone. Apple apparently knew about the problem ahead of time and is selling first-party supplemental rubber bands that try to circumvent the issue. They're advertising the bands as some sort of lifestyle gimmick and they're charging 29 bucks for them. If I were apple I'd give those things away for free. It's sad because I feel like apple used to be a beacon of good industrial design amongst an endless sea of technological garbage. But they're selling phones that you can't touch without dropping calls. What the heck??

1 comment:

  1. Really Steve? Avoid "holding it that way"? C'mon. This is a massive failure and I am glad I didn't rush out to get one. I was wondering why Apple made their own silly bumpers. Reminded me of the stupid bumpers you could purchase for the Sidekick.

    ReplyDelete